Spring Maintenance Tips
Rubber gloves? Check. Bucket? Check. Mop? Check.
Get out those cleaning supplies and bring your property or unit back to tip top shape with our suggestions!
- Check your water heater for leaks, corrosion, etc.
- Repair all cracked, broken or uneven driveways and walks to help provide a level walking surface.
- Inspect and clean dust from the covers of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Check your electrical system for loose or frayed wires. These can pose a danger.
- Make sure you have a multi-purpose fire extinguisher in all common areas and that they function properly.
- Replace your furnace filter.
- Check for damage to your roof.
- Clean kitchen exhaust hoods and air filters.
- Check all fascia and trim for deterioration and mold.
- Check the shutoff valve at every plumbing fixture to make sure they function.
- Replace all extension cords that have become brittle, worn or damaged.
- Make sure light bulbs in all light fixtures are the recommended wattage.
- Protect all electrical appliances from power surges and lightning.
- Schedule a professional air conditioning contractor to inspect and maintain your property's system.
- Protect your property from sewer or drain back-up losses. (Call us to make sure you have this coverage on your policy as well!)
Take advantage of the warmer weather to make sure your property or unit is in tip-top shape to avoid possible losses. Call us at (617) 236-6400 to review your insurance policy while you're at it!