By now you've probably read the weather reports regarding Hurricane Sandy and the possibility of it affecting us here in Massachusetts. Brownstone Insurance is closely monitoring the storm and already has tried-and-true emergency back-up systems in place that will ensure we are here in the office, regardless of whether everyone else has lost power.
Our first priority is our customers, so you can be certain we'll be here for you through the storm.
Brownstone Insurance would like to share the top 5 ways you can prepare for Hurricane Sandy.
- Clear your gutters and downspouts. Gutters that are free and clear of leaves and other debris allow proper drainage and decrease the likelihood of water damage to your property.
- Bring in any outdoor furniture and garbage cans, and secure anything that cannot be moved, such as gas grills.
- Check your generator to make sure it's in proper working order before severe weather hits. If you do not have a generator, consider purchasing one for emergency situations or make plans to visit a friend or relative's home who has a generator when it is safe.
- Trim trees and shrubs located around your property to ensure that dead or loose branches will not cause damage.
- Cover your property's windows with plywood. Marine plywood that is at least 5/8" thick and is cut-to-fit is recommended. Taping your windows does not protect them from breaking.
Should you have any questions or experience any damage during the storm, please call us at (617) 236-6400.