Last week we covered some important DON'TS when dealing with water damage. Let's follow up with some tips for dealing with water damage:
- Ventilate wet areas. Using the AC in the summer can assist with drying, and in winter it's suggested to alternate between opening windows and turning up your heat.
- Pick up wet rugs and carpets from hardwood floors. Should you have wall-to-wall carpeting, place plates or wood blocks under furniture legs to avoid carpet staining during the drying process.
- Stay out of rooms that have wet ceilings if they are sagging due to retained water.
- Move electronics to a dry environment.
- Open cabinet drawers and doors to allow for quicker drying.
- Move photos, art and keepsakes to a safe, dry location.