10 Strangest Things Ever Insured
1. Tongue: World-famous food critic Egon Ronay insured his taste buds for $400,000 in 1957 after publishing the first edition of Egon Ronay Guide to British Eateries.
2. Legs: 20th Century Fox had the legs of actress Betty Gable insured for $1 million each in the 1940's.
3. Mustache: Merv Hughes, a valuable player on Australia's national cricket team from 1985-1994 had his iconic mustache insured for $370,000.
4. Voice: Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Bruce Springsteen insured his unique voice for $6 million in the 1980's.
5. Hair: Pittsburg Steeler, Troy Polamalu insured his iconic mane for $1 million.
6. Chest Hair: Singer Tom Jones reportedly insured his chest hair for $7 million.
7. Teeth: As the spokesperson for Aquafresh, America Ferrera has had her teeth insured for $10 million.
8. Legs: Michael Flatly, Lord of the Dance, has his legs insured for $47 million.
9. Middle Finger: Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is reported to have insured the middle finger on his left hand for $1.6 million.
10. Hands: In the 1930's, yo-yo champion and spokesperson Harvey Lowe insured his hands for $150,000.